See this page for the latest Travel Advice from the Australian Government.
See this page for the latest Visa Regulations from the Indonesian Ministry of Tourism.
Weather in Bali
News from Bali
- Pretty Ugly: Miss Global 2022 disqualifies Valeria Vasilieva following social media controversyby Coconuts Bali on May 25, 2022 at 6:26 am
The organizing committee of Miss Global 2022 has disqualified Miss Global Estonia, Valeria Vasilieva, amid backlash from her viral video in which she labeled Bali police “corrupt.”
- Lost and found: Fisherman who went missing off Buleleng safe and soundby Coconuts Bali on May 24, 2022 at 8:28 am
A 54-year-old fisherman who went missing off Buleleng for more than 24 hours was found safe and sound after he held on to a rumpon (fish aggregating device).
- Elon Musk, Bill Gates (to name a few) scheduled to visit B20 Summit in Bali this Novemberby Coconuts Bali on May 24, 2022 at 3:59 am
Names such as SpaceX founder Elon Musk and Microsoft founder Bill Gates are among those scheduled to make an appearance at the upcoming Business 20 (B20) Indonesia Summit 2022 in Bali this November.
- Perfect 10: Red Velvet’s Irene steals hearts as she greets fans in Baliby Coconuts Bali on May 23, 2022 at 11:13 am
Irene, leader of K-pop girl group Red Velvet, was spotted in Bali only a day after their gig at the Allo Bank Festival in Jakarta on Saturday.
- No more ‘melukat’ purification ritual for Instagram content: PHDIby Coconuts Bali on May 23, 2022 at 8:16 am
The country’s leading authority of Hinduism denounces the commercialization of melukat.
- Bali agent reported by 3 foreigners over alleged visa scamby Coconuts Bali on May 23, 2022 at 3:22 am
Three foreigners – one Australian and two Canadians – filed a complaint to the police after claiming that a visa agent had scammed them and caused IDR8.4 million (US$573) in losses.
- Let them eat rice: Organizers accused of class insensitivity for holding IDR300K ‘poverty’ dining experienceby Coconuts Bali on May 20, 2022 at 11:25 am
Indonesian netizens were angered upon discovering plans for a themed dinner in Bali that appeared to belittle low income citizens.
- Instagram pics of a woman showing off Ganesha tattoo on her thigh sparks controversyby Coconuts Bali on May 20, 2022 at 9:26 am
A recent wave of foreigners being called out for social media posts deemed insensitive toward Balinese culture has claimed its latest subject - this time, a woman showing off her beach body with a […]
- Jembrana Health Agency mulls eliminating street dogs amid soaring rabies casesby Coconuts Bali on May 20, 2022 at 7:31 am
Amid the increasing number of rabies cases in the area, the Jembrana Health Agency has proposed eliminating unowned street dogs in order to curb infection rates.
- Authorities bulldoze dozens of Berawa beach warungsby Coconuts Bali on May 19, 2022 at 9:28 am
Dozens of unlicensed street food stalls (locally known as warung) in Canggu’s Berawa Beach have been demolished, much to the dismay of frequent visitors who enjoyed the street-styled cafés.
- Denpasar drops facial mask crackdownsby Coconuts Bali on May 19, 2022 at 7:21 am
In what many would consider a breath of fresh air, the Denpasar Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) has officially stopped cracking down on maskless people outdoors as of yesterday.
- Fully-vaxxed travelers no longer need COVID-19 tests to visit Bali: officialby Coconuts Bali on May 19, 2022 at 4:31 am
Travelers who are fully vaccinated are no longer required to present negative COVID-19 test results to enter Bali, an official has confirmed.
- This Bali-based foreigner is ‘looking for a wife’ to spend all of his moneyby Coconuts Bali on May 18, 2022 at 9:17 am
Whether it was a serious plea or just for laughs, this man’s TikTok video in which he said he was looking for a wife in Bali has gone viral, with tons of comments from ladies expressing interest to […]
- The Coconuts Travel Guide to Raja Ampat: How to get there, what to see and do, and moreby Randy Mulyanto on May 18, 2022 at 7:49 am
Crystal clear waters as far as the eye can see, dramatic natural landscapes and friendly locals welcome you as your speedboat hops from one island to another throughout Raja Ampat in eastern […]
- Estonian beauty queen in hot water following social media rant criticizing “corrupt” Bali policeby Coconuts Bali on May 18, 2022 at 5:39 am
A pageant contestant from Estonia named Valeria Vasilieva is facing backlash (and, potentially, deportation) after a video of her criticizing local police went viral on Indonesian social media.
- Ubud chef returns home after being scammed and left in limbo for days in Singaporeby Coconuts Bali on May 17, 2022 at 9:58 am
A 28-year-old man from Ubud safely returned home last weekend after being duped by a shady recruiter and was left in limbo for nine days in Singapore.
- Toddler dies after being bitten by rabies-infected dogby Coconuts Bali on May 17, 2022 at 6:23 am
A two-and-a-half-year-old child passed away yesterday at the Negara Public Hospital in Jembrana following a three-day medical treatment after reportedly being bitten by a rabies-infected dog.
- Soap actress Jennifer Coppen allegedly slapped at bar after defending a woman from being harassedby Coconuts Bali on May 17, 2022 at 3:44 am
TV actress Jennifer Rochelle Coppen became the talk of the island after she reportedly confronted several men who were harassing an inebriated woman at a local bar… and got slapped for it. The […]
- Balinese farmer buried stolen money in his chili farm: Policeby Coconuts Bali on May 13, 2022 at 8:07 am
In addition to cultivating chilies (a popular spice for Indonesian cuisine), this countryman also buries money that he stole from an elderly woman in his farm. Local police confirmed the farmer’s […]
- Turkish ship captain floating at sea near Bali rescuedby Coconuts Bali on May 13, 2022 at 3:54 am
A Turkish sailor who was recently found off the northern coast of Bali by local fishermen after floating at sea for several days has been sent home this week, officials say.