Villa Shamballa Location
Villa Shamballa is very conveniently located in a small traditional village called Payogan which means “place to do yoga”. Although just 5 minutes drive from the centre of Ubud one senses they are miles away in the middle of a tropical forest. This hidden gem allows you to experience seclusion whilst remaining a stone’s throw from all conveniences.
A few minutes drive from the villa the Sangingnan area offers a variety of culinary and shopping experiences. Among them is the world famous Mozaic restaurant for fine dining and other places popular with expats such as Nuri’s and Fly Cafe. Also, many art galleries, antique shops, spas and a yoga studio.
The villa is about one hour and fifteen minutes from Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport.
Villa Shamballa Description
This romantic hideaway magically perched atop a ravine overlooking the mystic Wos River is the ideal secluded location for a couple or small group. Some centuries ago Javanese monks upon discovering the healing properties of the area settled in for meditation and healing practices.
Villa Shamballa caters for each guest’s needs with its abundant ambience and luxury with a touch of classic elegance. Its dramatic river gorge and breathtaking 180 degree tropical jungle valley setting, friendly staff and rustic charm provide total comfort making it a relaxing retreat for all. Each guest is assured of a real holiday with peace and serenity to recharge their batteries, especially for those getting away from modern busy urban life.
Villa Shamballa Services
- Transport (The villa staff arrange transport to and from the Airport and other areas for sightseeing.)
- Dining (The villa provides in house dining (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Massage (A Balinese masseuse is available for massage at the villa)
- Spa (Our staff can arrange a flower bath with candles and aroma oil for the guests to be pampered and rejuvenated completely.)
- Laundry (A laundry bag is located in the wardrobe.)
- Entertainment (We can arrange traditional Balinese music and/or dance during dinner.)
- Cooking Lesson (Our chef provides a simple Balinese cooking lesson at cost of ingredients and small gratuity.)
Villa Shamballa Facilities/Amenities
- Private infinity swimming pool.
- Large bedroom (maximum 3 adults or 2 adults and one child) One King size bed, extra bed on request. For a larger number of guests, please contact us as we can arrange for more accommodation at the villa right next door.
- Indoor living room x 2 (upstairs – can be used as an extra bedroom).
- Outdoor dining area.
- Outdoor wooden deck for Yoga,meditation and afternoon tea.
- 2 Bathrooms.
- Safety deposit box.
- Free WIFI – Wireless Broadband Internet.
- Satellite TV Channel.
- Flat screen TV.
- DVD player.
- Radio CD player (Bose Sound System).
- Bose Ipod Dock.
- King Koil mattress king size bed.
- Handmade Bespoke Batik cushions.
- 300TC fine cotton bed linen.
- Yoga mats.
- Espresso machine.
Villa Shamballa Map
|Villa||Off Peak Season||Peak Season|
|Peak Season||July 1 - Aug 31 inclusive.
December 20 - January 10 inclusive.
Complimentary breakfast daily.
Afternoon Tea with Balinese sweets daily.
Welcome drink/chilled towel.
Welcome fruit basket.
Fresh tropical flower arrangements.
Peak Season: 3 nights
Off Peak Season: 3 nights
The villa provides one king size bed with an extra bed available upon request (US$45.00/night including breakfast)